Jane Birkin

Posted by rockindomp3












I completely spaced off Jane Birkin's birthday, Dec. 14. (1946). Well, a belated happy birthday to one of my favorite females. I posted a bit about her back in September so I won' t repeat myself. This is more of an excuse to run more photos of her. While I'm at it I might as well post her only U.S. hit record, recorded with her ex-husband Serge Gainsborough. Je t'aime moi non plus.
They also made a movie of the same name together, the above photo of her with Warhol superstar Little Joe Dallesandro is from that very peculiar flick. That's Serge himself directing the action. I can just imagine it. "Plus profond! Harder! Jusqu'à l'arrière"!
Speaking of Serge those bottom pix are of his grave, somebody leaves a fresh pack of Gitanes on it every day. I've witnessed it. Serge's music is an acquired taste if you're not French but I do remember being a bit shocked by hearing this on the radio constantly on my first trip to France in the early 80's-- SS In Uruguay features reggae rhythm section Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare among other top notch Kingston session men. He also cut a duet with his daughter, the actress Charlotte Gainsborough called Lemon Incest. I think you can find the video for that one on Youtube. Anyway, if you're too lazy to look up the September posting, Jane Birkin's entire filmography can be found here.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment