My New Favorite Blog- Another Nickel In The Machine

Posted by rockindomp3

Lord Haw Haw: British Nazi, hung in 1946



Nowhere in the western world are regular folks treated quite so shabbily by the "system" as in the U.K.. No air conditioning on the tube, everything is expensive and cheaply made, high rents, etc. No wonder they all get drunk and beat the shit out of each other every night at closing time. And with the new Torry led colaliton I would imagine things are going to get worse within weeks. That said, I love London, just like I love other cities like New York, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, New Orleans, Rome, and Paris. It's one of my favorite places in the world, and I've never had less than a great time there. Recently, I stumbled onto this London-centric blog: Another Nickel In The Machine and I must say, it's one of the finest ways to waste your time on the Internet you'll ever find. From the Stones' in prison to the execution of Lord Haw-Haw, the author, whose name seems to be only "London Is My Beat" provides incredibly well researched and well written posts that are better than anything you'll find in any modern magazine. You can spend hours reading and looking at video and photos, many quite rare, from the real dirt on the young Bowie to 50's dyke bars to Colin Wilson, it's a great read. Give it a click.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment